Our Scientific Outputs (in miRNA field)
Welcome to our scientific output section where you can find a collection of our research articles and publications on the association of miRNAs with a wide range of clinical outcomes such as Brain diseases, Cardiovascular diseases, Metabolic disorders, and several other traits and diseases. Our team of experts has worked tirelessly to provide you with the latest and most relevant information on the disease-associated miRNAs. Additionally, you can also find information on our ongoing projects that focus on exploring mechanism of age-related diseases, identifying new biomarkers and developing innovative solutions to combat common complex diseases. Additionally, you can find some slides and videos of our selected presentations in the (Inter)national conferences about our identified miRNAs. So, feel free to browse our scientific outputs below and stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the field of miRNAs in human disease.
Books (PHD Theses)
The Role of MicroRNAs in Age-Related Disorders; From population-based genetic studies to experimental validation.
Think Big, Epidemiological Research on Tiny Molecules; The role of microRNAs in age-related diseases.
Molecular Epidemiology towards Deciphering Underlying Mechanisms of Fatty Liver Disease.
Disentangling the Impact of Lifestyle Factors on Health and Disease: A Molecular Epidemiology Approach
More coming soon!
Scientific Articles (Published)
1. Genome-wide profiling of circulatory microRNAs associated with cognition and dementia. Yaqub A, et al. Alzheimers Dement. 2022 Aug 10. doi: 10.1002/alz.12752. Download
2. Circulatory MicroRNAs as Potential Biomarkers for Stroke Risk: The Rotterdam Study. Mens MMJ, …, Ghanbari M. Stroke. 2021 Mar;52(3):945-953. doi: 10.1161/STROKEAHA.120.031543. Download
3. miR-142-3p regulates cortical oligodendrocyte gene co-expression networks associated with tauopathy. Hinman JD, et al. Hum Mol Genet. 2021 Mar 25;30(1):103-118. doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddaa252. Download
4. A functional variant in the miR-142 promoter modulating its expression and conferring risk of Alzheimer disease. Ghanbari M, et al. Human Mutation. 2019 Nov;40(11):2131-2145. Download
5. Genome-wide identification of microRNA-related variants associated with risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Ghanbari M, et al. Sci Rep. 2016 Jun 22;6:28387. Download
6. Genetic Variants in MicroRNAs and Their Binding Sites Are Associated with the Risk of Parkinson Disease. Ghanbari M, et al. Hum Mutat. 2016 Mar;37(3):292-300. Download
7. Circulatory MicroRNAs in Plasma and Atrial Fibrillation in the General Population: The Rotterdam Study. Geurts S, …, Ghanbari M, Kavousi M. Genes (Basel). 2021 Dec 22;13(1):11. doi: 10.3390/genes13010011. Download
8. Implications of microRNAs in the Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis and Prospects for Therapy. Gorabi AM, Ghanbari M, Sathyapalan T, Jamialahmadi T, Sahebkar A. Curr Drug Targets. 2021;22(15):1738-1749. doi: 10.2174/1389450122666210120143450. Download
9. Multi-Omics Analysis Reveals MicroRNAs Associated With Cardiometabolic Traits. Mens MMJ, …, Ghanbari M. Front Genet. 2020 Feb 27;11:110. doi: 10.3389/fgene.2020.00110. eCollection 2020. Download
10. An Enrichment Analysis for Cardiometabolic Traits Suggests Non-Random Assignment of Genes to microRNAs. Mustafa R, Ghanbari M, Evangelou M, Dehghan A. Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Nov 20;19(11):3666. doi:10.3390/ijms1911366. Download
11. A systematic analysis highlights multiple long non-coding RNAs associated with cardiometabolic disorders. Ghanbari M, et al. J Hum Genet. 2018 Apr;63(4):431-446. doi: 10.1038/s10038-017-0403-x. Download
12. Genetic Variations in MicroRNA-Binding Sites Affect MicroRNA-Mediated Regulation of Several Genes Associated With Cardio-metabolic Phenotypes. Ghanbari M, et al. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2015 Jun;8(3):473-86. doi: 10.1161/ CIRCGENETICS.114.000968. Download
13. A genetic variant in the seed region of miR-4513 shows pleiotropic effects on lipid and glucose homeostasis, blood pressure, and coronary artery disease. Ghanbari M, et al. Human Mutation. 2014 Dec;35(12):1524-31. doi: 10.1002/humu.22706. Download
14. Plasma circulating microRNAs associated with obesity, body fat distribution, and fat mass: the Rotterdam Study. Abozaid YJ, …, Ghanbari M. Int J Obes (Lond). 2022 Dec;46(12):2137-2144. doi: 10.1038/s41366-022-01227-8. Download
15. Circulatory microRNAs as potential biomarkers for fatty liver disease: the Rotterdam study. Zhang X, …, Ghanbari M. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2021 Feb;53(3):432-442. doi: 10.1111/apt.16177. Download
16. Editorial: microRNAs for the diagnosis of fatty liver disease in the population-are we inching closer towards the target? Authors’ reply. Zhang X, Ghanbari M. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2021 Feb;53(4):559-560. doi: 10.1111/apt.16234. Download
17. Deciphering the role of epigenetic modifications in fatty liver disease: A systematic review. Zhang X, …, Ghanbari M. Eur J Clin Invest. 2021 May;51(5):e13479. doi: 10.1111/eci.13479. Download
18. The association of common polymorphisms in miR-196a2 with waist to hip ratio and miR-1908 with serum lipid and glucose. Ghanbari M, et al. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2015 Feb;23(2):495-503. doi: 10.1002/oby.20975. Download
19. MiR-139-5p is a causal biomarker for type 2 diabetes; Results from genome-wide microRNA profiling and Mendelian randomization analysis in a population-based study. Mens M,…, Ghanbari M. medRxiv 2021.05.13.21257090; doi: Download
20. Plasma MicroRNA Signature of Alcohol Consumption: The Rotterdam Study. Karabegović I, …, Ghanbari M. J Nutr. 2023 Jan 14;152(12):2677-2688. doi: 10.1093/jn/nxac216. Download
21. Smoking-related dysregulation of plasma circulating microRNAs: the Rotterdam Study. Karabegović I, …, Ghanbari M. 22. Regulation of microRNA-21 expression by natural products in cancer. Shakeri A, Ghanbari M, Tasbandi A, Sahebkar A. Phytother Res. 2021 Jul;35(7):3732-3746. doi: 10.1002/ptr.7069. Download
23. Biological age in healthy elderly predicts aging-related diseases including dementia. Wu JW, Yaqub A, Ma Y, Koudstaal W, Hofman A, Ikram MA, Ghanbari M, Goudsmit J. Sci Rep. 2021 Aug 5;11(1):15929. doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-95425-5. Download
24. Cell Cycle Regulation of Stem Cells by MicroRNAs. Mens MMJ, Ghanbari M. Stem Cell Rev Rep. 2018 Jun;14(3):309-322. doi: 10.1007/s12015-018-9808-y. Download
25. A Genome-Wide Scan for MicroRNA-Related Genetic Variants Associated With Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma. Ghanbari M, et al. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017 Oct 1;58(12):5368-5377. doi: 10.1167/iovs.17-22410. Download
26. Genetic variants in microRNAs and their binding sites within gene 3’UTRs associate with susceptibility to age-related macular degeneration. Ghanbari M, et al. Human Mutation. 2017 Jul;38(7):827-838. doi: 10.1002/humu.23226. Download
27. Genetic Polymorphism of miR-196a-2 is Associated with Bone Mineral Density (BMD). Karabegović I, .., Ghanbari M. Int J Mol Sci. 2017 Nov 25;18(12):2529. doi: 10.3390/ijms18122529. Download
PPT Slides (Conferences and Courses)
Feel free to contact us
for more details
CALL US TODAY
+3 (0) 10 70 44 228
on These Social Media or Websites